Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain Resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself. Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the mountain!
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at 14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket Vouchers
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes alcohol)
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned retail locations.
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders, and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.OUR VALUES
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs...what's important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration POSITION SUMMARY
This position acts as an information source for employees with routine HR and general resort-related questions. Daily management of all employee information by using a variety of most recent HRIS (Workday). Responsible for all employee paperwork and information data entry, file upkeep and accuracy. Oversight of HRIS data entry for Snowshoe Mountain and Spirits business divisions and operations. Is the first point of contact and general information for Snowshoe /Alterra Seasonal Perks & Benefits including AMC/IKON passes, friends and family, and all other related programs. Familiar or able to become familiar with federal, state and company employment rules and regulations to ensure that they are administered and enforced fairly and properly. Maintains a positive, upbeat, and professional attitude dealing with guests to the executive offices and human resources. Works with a spirit of excellence. Able to provide support in other HR disciplines including Training (employee orientations), employee engagement(recognition events, employee appreciation dinners, etc.), Payroll & Benefits, and Recruiting as needed.
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Assists with onboarding process by supporting with making job offers, sending pre-employment enrollment information, and scheduling Orientations
- Providing Office Support to Human Resources and the Admin Offices
- Operating office equipment
- Print Season Passes/AMC using RTP
- Daily processing of employee paperwork and processes for onboarding and off boarding by using current HRIS system, E-Verify, and RTP in accordance with the standard operating procedures manual. Check for completeness and consistency of wages, status, and job titles. Contact supervisors with any discrepancies.
- Ensures all employment paperwork filing is up to date both physically and electronically. Conducts audits and ensures file retention is within legal regulations.
- Ensures all I-9 filing is up to date, and within regulations. Assists with annual audit.
- Screening calls, activating voice mail, and ensuring HR phone tree accuracy
- Taking accurate and thorough messages and referring calls to alternate sources where appropriate
- Greeting, professionally and welcoming, while routing employees/guests to the Human Resources / Executive Offices
- Filing and handling Confidential Information
- Exercising preventive maintenance, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs
- Supporting the Employee Engagement Survey process and events/project support
- Assisting employee and guest with accurate and timely information
- Maintaining Department Professionalism
- Following policies/procedures regarding noise/mingling at reception area and maintaining proper dress code.
- Maintaining good working relationships with all departments
- Developing and continuing excellent communications
- Achieving Work Objectives
- Prioritizing projects and assignments with little or no direction.
- Contributing to team effort
- Accomplishing related results as needed
- Manages paperwork efficiently, effectively and in a confidential manner
- Responsible for personnel file room organization and maintaining records in current status
- Demonstrate good judgement when addressing in person, phone, or email communication
- Focuses on relevant issues while effectively coping with competing priorities
- Maintains a respected and trusted member of the team and demonstrates professional behavior on an influential and highly visible position
- Responsible for monitoring activity in the Fresh Service ticketing system, reviewing reports to ensure service levels are being met, and ensuring opportunities to improve are identified and communicated to functional leaders.
- Identifies risks or opportunities and recommends changes to processes to improve the delivery of HR services to the organization
- Increase the efficiency of department function by creating new tools, processes and procedures and enhancing HR business practices
- Assisting & supporting front line staff, especially during peak resort times.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Valid Driver's License required
High level understanding of HRIS system concepts from a function and technical perspective
Extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to shift priorities as needed
Proven skill at handling stressful issues and interfacing with all levels of the business in a courteous and professional manner
Ability to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Demonstrated independent problem solver
Highly collaborative team player
Must demonstrate a customer first mindset, be self-driven, motivated to helpDIRECT EXPERIENCEEducation:
High School diploma or GEDExperience:
1 year of previous administrative field skills and computer skills of word processing, Microsoft Teams, Excel, and Microsoft Office
Workday, Kronos and/or other HRIS experience preferred. LEADERSHIP
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility for driving change
- Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
- Guides employees through periods of change, even during difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in writing
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and others; Ensures thank-you' s are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Proficient in use of technology to include Excel, Word, the Internet, desktop publishing and database management software programs. Can learn quickly those applications not known.
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product personally and through overseeing others
- Able to analyze numbers and draw conclusions from statistical information
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests' expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
- Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based on changing business needs
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was/is required for successful, cooperative, and fun team success
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.Office Environment:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.An Equal Opportunity Employer