First (Days) (United States of America)
Virginia Premier, a division of Sentara Health Plans is currently seeking a full-
time, Peer Support Specialist.
This position is remote in Roanoke, VA and surrounding areas.
- Required to obtain Registered Peer Recovery Specialist status with the Virginia Board of Counseling within first year of employment, and maintain registration, and continued education (CEUs) as appropriate for continued employment.
- Must have completed the DHBDS peer support training and be eligible to obtain their Peer Support Specialist Certification within nine months of employment, pass the exam and be issued Certified Peer Recovery Specialist by the Virginia Certification Board within first year of employment; or
- Nationally Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist (NCPRSS) Certificate issued by The Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADC) and completed DBHDS Peer Recovery Specialist Training; or,
- Current and valid Peer Recovery Specialist certification from a state whose certification process has been accepted by DBHDS and completed DBHDS Peer Recovery Specialist Training; or,
- Peer Recovery Specialist Certification from the Veterans Administration and completed the DBHDS Peer Recovery Specialist Training.
Sentara offers an attractive array of full-time benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B with matching funds, 401a, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks, and more.
Along with competitive salary we also offer the following benefits:
Adoption, Infertility, and Surrogacy Reimbursement
Educational Assistance Programs, including Tuition Assistance
Emergency Back-Up Care
Financial Wellness Tools, including extra student debt payments on your student loans.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Paid Annual Leave (PAL)
Paid Parental Leave
Sentara Health Plan is the health insurance division of Sentara Healthcare doing business as Optima Health and Virginia Premier.
Sentara Health Plans provides health insurance coverage through a full suite of commercial products including consumer-driven, employee-owned and employer-sponsored plans, individual and family health plans, employee assistance plans, and plans serving Medicare and Medicaid enrollees.
With more than 30 years experience in the insurance business and 20 years experience serving Medicaid populations, we offer programs to support members with chronic illnesses, customized wellness programs, and integrated clinical and behavioral health services - all to help our members improve their health.
Our success is supported by a family-friendly culture that encourages community involvement and creates unlimited opportunities for development and growth.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day and a vision to be the healthcare choice of the communities that we serve!
keywords: Mental Health, Healthcare, Peer Support, #Talroo-health plan, #Indeed, #MonsterJob Summary
This position is designated for a person who identifies as having lived experience with mental health/substance use and relevant to their education/certification is willing to share that experience to support others on their recovery journey. The role provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. Peer Support Specialists perform a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
- Assists in identifying recovery goals to help health plan members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and support t health plan members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning, and co-creating a recovery plan, such as, Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP), as needed based on member s choice.
- Employs strategies to engage health plan members in keeping important follow-up appointments and increasing compliance with treatment.
- Directly assist health plan members in in implementing relapse prevention strategies to assist in transitions from different levels of care.
- Promotes community integration for health plan members.
- Collaborates with internal and external integrated teams to ensure recovery values, language, and culture are promoted and upheld.
- Provide direct care services in timely and flexible ways to both benefit the persons served and to support the work of the integrated team
- Proactively follow up with members to ensure member is making successful transition to the community and continuing their progress towards achieving sustained recovery from the effects of mental illness, addiction, or both.Qualifications:
HS - High School Grad or Equivalent (Required)
Previous Peer Support WorkSkills
Ability to work as part of an integrated team, Basic knowledge and skill sufficient in using community resources, Basic knowledge and skill to teach and engage in basic problem solving strategies to support individuals in self-directed recovery, Comfort sharing own experiences with others to inspire hope, Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting member confidentiality and rights to privacy, Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, electronic health record platform, and other relevant software, Must possess strong knowledge of recovery resources, Skills to support members through care transitions, Strong communication and liaison skills, Well-organized and ability for time management
Sentara Healthcare prides itself on the diversity and inclusiveness of its close to an almost 30,000-member workforce. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging is a guiding principle of the organization to ensure its workforce reflects the communities it serves.
Per Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), some clinical environments require proof of education; these regulations are posted at ecfr.gov for further information. In an effort to expedite this verification requirement, we encourage you to upload your diploma or transcript at time of application.
In support of our mission to improve health every day, this is a tobacco-free environment.