Reporting to the Director of Contracts, the Contracts Administrator is responsible supporting the entire life-cycle of a research contract, from pre-solicitation through post-award. This position serves as the primary point of contact for teaming partners and government officials for contract related correspondence. The CA works internally with purchasing and technical personal to be the expert and information resource for contract terms and conditions. The CA will be organizing and maintaining records of all contract activities and working with group, division, and company management to present that information in relevant and insightful ways.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with various contract types such as IDIQ, T&M, CPFF, FFP, BOA, and OTAs. The CA will negotiate agreements using cost effective negotiation strategies and techniques, assist with cost analysis, and prepare and submit proposals. Administration of an active contract may include report submission, contract modifications, and contract closeout.
This position requires knowledge of FAR and the Government contracting process as well as familiarity with commercial contracting outside of the Government arena. A summary of duties for the Contacts Administrator include proposal preparation and submission through coordination with Finance and Technical teams, contract and subcontract negotiation to meet company revenue targets with controlled risk exposure, active contract administration to include deliverable submittals, contract modifications, closeout activities, audit support, and added roles as necessary.
Detailed duties include:
- Prepare and submit compliant proposals in response to Customer RFP s and Change Requests by working with technical, finance and management staff.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements including Human Subjects Research and Animal Research and act as liaison between the appropriate offices.
- Regulatory reporting including CMRP, FAPIIS, commercialization sales, scientific misconduct annual reports, and invention reporting through iEdison.
- Review and interpret contracts and modifications; prepare contract review and modifications and obtain necessary management approvals for definitization.
- Review RFP s, contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches that ensure compliance with Federal Regulations and company policy.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that mitigate business risks.
- Support commercialization and sales efforts of the technical teams.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment while providing first-class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Company.
Requirements of the position include:
- Two or more years experience administering Federal R&D contracts. Administration includes proposal preparation and submission, contract cost accounting, deliverable administration and closeout activities
- This position requires a minimum a bachelor s degree and two or more years directly related experience.
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR/NASA FAR and export control (ITAR/EAR) regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with technical teams, senior level managers, and government offices, under short deadlines and high stress.
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- SBIR/STTR experience
- An active security clearance
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence status is a firm requirementJob Requirements: